2019 version: I want to work at Amazon for 3 reasons:
2. How can you differentiate yourself from other applicants; unique value prop
3. What's in for you. Where do you see yourself 5 years from now
Amazon Interview Coaching: http://www.amazoninterview.coach/index.html#services
In this video I share 7 examples and 17 tips and tricks on how to answer the most asked question during a job interview with Amazon.
35 behavioral questions asked in 95% of Amazon interviews with examples
Team / time management (positive & negative) https://youtu.be/CQG4Ui0oAmk
1. Tell me about a time when you were not able to meet a time commitment. What prevented you from meeting it? What was the outcome and what did you learn from it?
2. Describe a long-term project that you managed. How did you keep everything moving along in a timely manner?
3. Give me an example of a time when you set a goal and were able to meet or achieve it
4. Tell me about a time you had to quickly adjust your work priorities to meet changing demands.
Team / decision https://youtu.be/3NExTeMnobU
5. an example when you had to push back to HQ or challenged a decision
6. Tell me about the toughest decision you've had to make in the past six months
7. Tell me about a decision that you regret.
Team / leadership https://youtu.be/Tg6BVRTsuic
8. What did you do when you needed to motivate a group of individuals?
9. Tell me about a time you stepped up into a leadership role
Team / communication & negotiation https://youtu.be/UJXkaide9bU
10. Do you collaborate well?
11. Describe a situation when you negotiated with others in your organization to reach agreement.
Team / coworkers https://youtu.be/ZsxkoZdyEcw
12. We've all had to work with people that don't like us. How do you deal with someone that doesn't like you?
13. We all make mistakes we wish we could take back. Tell me about a time you wish you’d handled a situation differently with a colleague.
14. The last time you had to apologize to someone
Team / conflict https://youtu.be/Zz8iQ852YMs
15. Give me an example of a time you faced a conflict while working on a team. How did you handle that?
16. Tell me about a time when you received negative feedback from your manager. How did you respond?
Problem solving https://youtu.be/2XxCUain1IU
17. Tell me about a time when you missed an obvious solution to a problem
18. A time when you faced a problem that had multiple possible solutions
19. Tell me about a time when you came up with a new approach to a problem.
20. Describe a time when you anticipated potential problems and developed preventive measures.
21. Describe a situation in which you found a creative way to overcome an obstacle.
Strategy / data https://youtu.be/oRGKHTiM29E
22. How have you leveraged data to develop a strategy?
23. a time when you were 75% through a project, & you had to pivot strategy
24. Tell me about a time when you had to choose between technologies for a project
25. Tell me about a time you had to deal with ambiguity
26. What’s the most innovative new idea that you have implemented?
Ownership principle https://youtu.be/Rn3EjvukTkI
27. Describe a time when you sacrificed short term goals for long term success
28. Provide an example of when you personally demonstrate ownership.
Strength / weakness https://youtu.be/q8fK73QjmbA
29. What's your greatest strength
30. Biggest weakness
31. We all deal with difficult customers from time to time. Tell me about a challenging client-facing situation and how you handled it.
32. How do you show customer obsession?
33. Tell me about a time you recovered from a difficult situation
34. Tell me about a time you failed and what you learned from it
35. Why Amazon https://youtu.be/H_KGM0i9jkA