John McEnroe’s outbursts throughout the Wimbledon of 1981 made his reputation as the enfant terrible of the tennis world.
Notable tirades (not necessarily presented in this video):
- "What other problems do you have besides being unemployed, a moron, and a dork?"
- "Is it against the law to argue?"
- "Couldn't you see anything? That cost me the damn set."
- "You are a disgrace to mankind."
- "You are the absolute pits of the world!"
- "Were not going to have a point taken away, because this guy is an incompetent fool you know that."
- "How much bigger a point can you screw it up with? It makes me sick."
- "What did I say umpire? Tell me, please tell me, please tell me."
- "Answer the question, the question, jerk."
- "You cannot be serious. That ball was on the line. Chalk flew up." https://youtu.be/t0hK1wyrrAU
- "Your never going to work on a court again. You understand me? You're pathetic! You're the worst umpire I've ever seen in my life, you're never going to work another match"
- "Do you still have problems with your wife?"
- "Grow some hair!"